Today I wanted to remind myself of all the things I have learned in 18 months since my mom, Virginia has been gone. I miss her like crazy but her life and death have taught me a lot.
1. God is worthy to be praised-Always has been always will be; even in the storm
2. Mom, your prayers meant a lot-I see them in your journal- Thank you!
3.Your faith is inspiring still-I see your heart in your journal and on the pages of your Bible!
4. Daddy loved/loves you a lot-talks about you everyday with tears in his eyes
5. Your grandkids miss you -they say it at least once a day
6. I still want to pick up the phone to tell you what's going on-AND so much is going on! You'd be proud!
7. Some days are just hard.
8. Love people anyway. No matter what-honor God!
9. Pain is real.
10. My husband is my best friend. I know how much you love him
11. Be thankful
12. Be humble
13. Be hopeful
14. Be strong
15. Live on purpose
17. Have Joy
18. Your favorite scripture is slowly becoming mine. "The LORD will fight for you; You need only be still." Exodus 14:14 NIV
Some of these are lessons, some are truths, some of them I have gained a better understanding of, but one thing I know for sure- cancer tried to break our family but we did not let that happen! We are fighting back with armor! (Ephesians 6:10-19)
Friends, whatever you have learned in the wake of your loss, diagnosis, setback, mistake let God use it for His glory and purpose! It will not be wasted!
Grief, pain and healing are a journey- we are all on one-let's cheer each other on, forgive, encourage and most importantly be the women God has called us to be inspite of...